Intramurals (6th Grade)
Intramurals is a non-competitive program for 6th grade boys and girls. The focus will be on skill building, team work, and having fun. Intramurals will be held either in the gym/cafeteria or outside (back field area/north parking lot) depending on the activity. All cancellations will be announced to students during 6th grade lunch and posted in Mustang Alley (recess hallway behind the main office). If it is raining (or the back field is too muddy) or too cold outside, intramurals will be canceled and not rescheduled.
Starting January 15th——-Broomball! (See Mr. Hammond in room 109 to sign up.)
If you have already registered for intramurals (in OLR or via the Athletic Form), you do not need to register again. If not, click HERE to register!
Who: All 6th Graders
Fee: $15.00 (covers all activities for the school year)
Coach: Blake Hammond
Days/Times: Mondays, Tuesdays, or Thursdays 3:30-4:30
- Broomball – January & February – Click HERE for the schedule and description of broomball!
Tuesday, Jan. 15th (cafeteria) Monday, Feb. 4th (gym) Thursday, Jan. 17th (cafeteria) Tuesday, Feb. 5th (cafeteria) Tuesday, Jan. 22nd (cafeteria) Tuesday, Feb. 19th (cafeteria) Thursday, Jan. 24th (gym) Thursday, Feb. 21st (gym) Tuesday, Jan. 29th (cafeteria) No intramurals week of Feb. 11th* Thursday, Jan. 31st (gym) No intramurals week of Feb. 25th*
*Due to home basketball games, school dance, and conferences
- Basketball March-May
Students only need to register one time and then can pick and choose activities to join. Students can even pick and choose what days of the week work best.
***ONCE YOU HAVE REGISTERED AND PAID FOR INTRAMURALS YOU DO NOT NEED TO DO IT AGAIN WHEN WE CHANGE THE ACTIVITY.
Registration and Payment Details
REGISTRATION: Your student must be registered for athletics to participate in Intramurals. If you did not register him/her in the online registration for school, click HERE. Then your student will sign up with Mr. Hammond for each activity prior to the start date!
FEE PAYMENT: The fee to participate in Intramurals is $15.00 and this one-time fee covers an entire school year of Intramurals.
- Log into your Parent Portal in Infinite Campus
- Click on the link for online payments and log in with your Parent Portal username & password.
- In the list for “Optional Fees”, enter a “1” in the box next to 6th Grade Intramurals, make the payment with your debit or credit card.
- If you are unable to pay online, please drop payment off in the main office either by check to Merrill Middle School or cash. Please note your student’s name and Intramurals on the check. If paying with cash, please have the exact amount. We are unable to make change!
Merrill will have intramural activities each and every month. Your student can pick and choose which activities he/she wishes to participate in. An athletic physical is not needed to participate in Intramurals!
Questions please email Mr. Hammond at: firstname.lastname@example.org