Breakfast & Lunch
Breakfast is served at Merrill from 8:05-8:25 AM.
- 6th Grade Lunch – 11:29-11:59
- 7th Grade Lunch – 12:20-12:50
- 8th Grade Lunch – 1:11-1:41
To access the online breakfast and lunch menus, click HERE!
Middle School Meal Prices
Prices for a paid breakfast or lunch are approved by the DMPS School Board.
|Single Full Price||$1.75||$2.85|
|Single Reduced* Price||$0.00||$0.40|
|5-Day Full Price||$8.75||$14.25|
|5-Day Reduced* Price||$0.00||$2.00|
|20-Day Full Price||$35.00||$57.00|
|20-Day Reduced* Price||$0.00||$8.00|
|Al a Carte Milk||$0.50||$0.50|
The prices for a paid breakfast and lunch are approved by the School board, and the price of a reduced-price meal is established by the federal government.
**Snack & Ala Carte items do not qualify for free or reduced status.
Paying for Meals
All families are encouraged to use MySchoolBucks to pay for/add money to their student’s meal account. Parents/Guardians are encouraged to maintain a positive account balance.
- Securely fund your student’s account via credit card, debit card, or your checking account
- No waiting necessary! Fast and Easy account funding
- Customer Support to help answer any questions
- Low balance alerts, recurring payment options, review purchase history
Payments may also be made in the school cafeteria or at the Food & Nutrition office.
Applying for Free or Reduced Priced Meals
Applications for Free/Reduced meals is available ONLINE at: www.myschoolapps.com/Application.**
Middle School Loan Policies
- Students will be reminded by the cashier when their account balance falls below $5.00.
- Student negative balances will be limited to $15.00 until the balance is paid in full.
- Students who have a negative balance above this amount will be offered an alternate meal that will be charged to their account ($1.50/meal).
- No snack or ala carte items may be charged and do not qualify for free/reduced.
Merrill School Cafeteria
Jennifer Willard, Cafeteria Manager
Middle School Cafeteria Supervisor
For more information about DMPS Food & Nutrition, please contact:
DMPS Food & Nutrition
Amanda Miller, Director
Address: 1225 2nd Avenue, Des Moines, IA 50310
P: 515-242-7636 | F: 515-242-8118 | E: email@example.com
Or Click HERE
As your student goes through the lunch line, he/she will enter their account number to purchase their meal. New students will be assigned their lunch account number while enrolling at the Welcome Center.
Families who earn less than 130 percent of the poverty level are eligible for free meals and those with incomes between 130 and 185 percent of poverty level qualify for reduced-price meals. Please apply ONLINE at: www.myschoolapps.com/Application. All students who do not have an approved 2018-2019 meal application on file will be expected to pay full price for meals.
**Waived or reduced textbook fees are determined by the information entered into the Household Economic Survey in the Online Registration Process. Merrill’s IB School Planner does not qualify for an exemption.