2020-21 6th Grade Parent Info
Welcome 2020-21 Merrill 6th Grade Parents/Guardians and Students!
Please make sure to check this page periodically! If you have any questions about 6th grade in general, scheduling, Hybrid or Virtual Learning Plans, really anything at all, please email Principal Kathryn (Kate Panek) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out Principal Panek’s most current newsletter HERE!
- Beginning July 20th – Merrill Summer Office Hours 7:30AM-3:30PM (Schools & main offices are closed but available for phone calls or email Principal Panek at email@example.com or Office Manager, Jane Schumann at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
- Online Registration is from July 13th to July 31st. Every student must be registered online for school every year! Middle School registration fees are due and payable on October 1st, 2020 and can be paid though the “online payment” link in your Parent Portal.
- August 26th – First Day of School!
Important Information & Forms:
Note: since the closure of schools last spring and with the uncertainty of the start of the school year, some of the below information may no longer be applicable, have been changed, or subject to change as we approach the start of the school year.
- Welcome Letter from Principal Panek
- First Day of School – Merrill is still collaborating on orientation for the first day/s of school for our new 6th graders. Communication will be sent to all families about the first day of school as we near that time and if and when DMPS schools will reopen.
- 2020-21 Merrill Music Course Selection – For the first semester all students will be in a general music class. However, Merrill will do their best to schedule those students in the Hybrid Plan who are in band with the band teacher, Mr. Morgan, in orchestra with the orchestra teacher, Mrs. Graham, and in vocal music with the chorus teacher, Mrs. Copic. If you did not complete a music selection form given to your student prior to their elementary closing last spring or are a newly enrolled 6th grader at Merrill, please email email@example.com to let us know if your student is in band or orchestra or vocal music.
- Welcome to Merrill – 6th Grade School Visit Video
- 2020-21 6th Grade Supplies List
- 2020-21 Merrill Personal Electronic Device Policy
- 6th Grade Frequently Asked Questions (Revised 04/30/20)
- The IB Learner Profile
- Health Hints from School Nurse Debra Menke for New 6th Graders
- Student Medical Report Physical Form
- 2020-2021 Regular School Calendar